Dear Eliza and Max

Wednesday, April 5

Starting Up a Blog

When I told Rick I was thinking of making a blog, he said, "I'm sure your mom will enjoy reading it."

So I titled this blog, "This is for You, Mom." Only that name was taken.

I'm calling it, "Dear Eliza and Max," toying with the thought that it will substitute as Eliza's baby book. It won't. And I hope that this one way journal won't give me an inflated sense of community, all the missing phone calls, drifting friendships, and lost opportunities that I've sacrificed to the goals of being an OK mom to my kids, an OK wife, and OK writer, and an OK fiend to the few who remain in my life (here's a shout out to Laura).

So let me get right down to it: a regular record of daily life in the year which Eliza has entered the family that has until now consisted of me, Rick, dachshund #1 Archie (may he RIP), dachshund #2 Oscar, dachhund #3 Oprah, then child #1 Max (if this were a tree sampling, he would be a thick, dark stripe), and now Eliza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home