Dear Eliza and Max

Friday, October 6

I miss Max

I just wrote about Max's growth this month, and I am glad he's growing, and glad he is loving school. But I also am feeling sad about how independent he is becoming, and how the sleepy recovery we see at home isn't what I'm used to. I'm used to the whole Max.

In the two weeks before school started, we went to the Prospect Park Zoo, the Bronx Zoo, the Children's Museum, the Acquarium, and the carousel. Other days, we relaxed, had playdates, went to the playground. He was ready to go every day. We had active days and quiet days and I knew everything he was thinking. It was lovely, and though I think I was sad about not doing any work during that time, I miss it. I can see the appeal of staying at home full time. I am waiting for him to be able to take school more in stride, and come back, but it's kind of like walking around without a watch you're used to wearing these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home