Dear Eliza and Max

Wednesday, June 28

Long time no post

I started this blog inspired by my cousin Sam's round the world in 60 days blog and now I think about it it's been awhile since he's posted either. At first there were lots of posts from his hotel rooms where he was learning the technology and probably a little lonely and bored, then lots of catch up posts, writing and uploading pictures from days long past, then silence. I think he's so into his new traveling rhythm that he's lost the need to communicate with the other world he's left behind.

I wouldn't put it that way exactly for me, but I will say that I've been kind of in the thick of things the last month. A few major milestones:

Max is peeing and pooping on the potty, and today he made an impressive liquid encroachment on the bushes in our playground. I was trying to tell him that peeing through your penis was like using a hose, but I don't think until he was actually doing it did he realize how much fun this was going to be. He was starting to move the stream around by the time it ran out.

Eliza is rolling over, and really looks like she's starting to train for crawling. When she's on her tummy she's kicking her back legs around, and getting them under her. She's eating like a champ and really enjoying her long, luxurious, you-don't-weigh-enough feedings. She's also starting to have some power in her relationship with Max. She is so overjoyed every single time she sees him, and she pulls his head toward her and grabs at his hair.

Our shower is finally installed in the basement bathroom. Let the guests come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home