Dear Eliza and Max

Friday, May 12

Cleaning the Basement

To counteract the stress of school, I want to record one moment that took place yesterday. After being out in the morning and having a playdate with Aedan, Sarah, and Maggie, Max, Eliza, and I came home and drifted into the basement so Max could bring his new hulahoop (we found it in some neighbors' trash) into the yard. I took the opportunity to put Eliza in her gymini and start to clean the basement. Max was instantly into it -- insisting on doing all the mopping by himself, and talking at great length about how his friends could not step on the mop, which means where the floor was wet. He played on and off and helped me clean, and then at the end, I was feeling bad for ignoring him so much, so I lay down on the floor and gave him airplane rides. We ended up rolling around on the carpet, laughing. It's how we used to spend a lot of time when he was a very little baby and I needed to stretch out my back after carrying him around so much. Eliza was right there with us, learning to roll a little bit herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home